Who knew my little tissue packets would provide timely reminders, and in the order I needed them? First one was on the plane to Tokyo. Second was just before my First Presentation, and the third was this morning as I contemplate a solo outing!
Some of the lessons I’ve been learning:
- Plans Change, frequently
- Always take Poncho and/or umbrella
- Use the WC before going anywhere
- “It’s Really Close” always means a motor scooter ride
- Breakfast = Pho
- Street Food is inevitable, usually delicious, and incredibly inexpensive
- A smile and slight bow or nod goes a long ways
- No sleeveless shirts during the work day, shopping, eating, basically No Sleeveless Shirts.
- Social Media is way to communicate
- Always include emoji or sticker with every social media communication
- Make sure phone is always charged
- Remember to take cord with the phone backup charger.
- Take bottled water whenever possible
- Learn the Vietnamese phrase for “No Ice”, please.
My favorite Quote by far is: You not Old! You strange, but you not old!
A few Photos of notes from my Vietnamese Teacher, The The Guest House, Student Parking, Required Courses for students in Early Childhood Program and my Kitchen set-up